Work has commenced on the regeneration project at Railway Street, Splott, Cardiff. Green Squirrel has acquired a remnant space owned by Cardiff Council alongside the railway line in Splott. The site, which has previously been used by Network Rail as a compound, will be transformed to be used by the community to make a positive contribution to the amenity of the Splott neighbourhood. The vision is to create a creative green hub in Splott for local people to learn, grow, share and enjoy!
The project will incorporate the following facilities:
- 8 shipping container studios,
- Shipping container hub for event and workshops,
- Toilet block, potting sheds and greenhouses,
- Food growing planters and outdoor learning and play,
- Wildlife habitats for biodiversity,
- Rain gardens and SuDS drainage.
The project, which will be grant funded, is sustainable and accessible and upholds Green Squirrels values as a social enterprise.