QuantumCLS provides Principal Designer services, and assistance to Clients in discharging their legal duties under CDM.
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 provide a legal framework to ensure health and safety within the construction industry. They came into force on 6th April 2015 and replaced the previous legislation CDM2007.
Our Principal Designer services to clients include:
- Assisting in the development of the initial brief
- Planning, managing and monitoring the co-ordination of the pre-construction phase
- Helping clients identify, obtain and collate pre-construction information
- Providing pre-construction information to designers, principal contractor and contractors
- Co-ordinating significant health and safety issues with the design team through to resolution
- Ensuring that designers co-operate with each other and comply with CDM 2015
- Attending design review meetings
- Liaising with the principal contractor for the duration of our appointment
- Supporting the principal contractor in seeking and obtaining responses to health and safety queries from designers
- Agreeing a format and compiling the statutory health and safety file for formal handover at project completion
- Communicating progress with the design co-ordination and raising awareness of potential health and safety issues.
We can also assist the Client in discharging their specific legal obligations:
- Notification of the F10
- Ensuring adequate welfare facilities during the course of the works
- Ensuring an adequate Construction Phase Plan is in place and maintained throughout the course of the works.